Good Karma offers private fishing charter trips. This is not an open boat and we do not offer split charters. Our charter rates below are for the entire boat and are limited to a maximum of 3 adult passengers or 2 adults/2 children (16 and under).
We fish the fertile nearshore and offshore waters around the Florida Upper Keys – including Key Largo, Tavernier and Islamorada. Our charters usually fish the pristine nearshore reefs, many area wrecks and abundant offshore waters. The precise itinerary for your fishing charter will depend on your desires, local current conditions, and what is expected to be biting when you visit the Florida Keys.
Here are some specific fishing tactics we may employ:
- Live bait fishing
- Kite Fishing
- Drift fishing
- Vertical jigging over wrecks & seamounts
- Slow trolling live baits deep using electric downriggers
- Anchoring on reef ledges or rockpiles then chumming up schools of snapper
- Trolling for wahoo, tuna, sailfish and mahi-mahi
- Deep dropping (manual or electric reels)
Good Karma Sportfishing is sponsored by Xact Customs, the premier SeaDek certified fabricator, and #1 source for custom SeaDek products! Our SeaDek Flooring offers Exceptional Traction which is perfect for fishing in rougher sea conditions as the flooring keeps you locked in place. The shock absorbing qualities are absolutely awesome!
- Seakeeper is a computer controlled gyroscope that eliminates most boat roll, including the fatigue, anxiety, and seasickness that go with it. The Seakeeper transforms your fishing experience.
- High Gunnels for your Safety
- Custom Open Cockpit and Bow for Fighting Big Fish!
- Electric Reels for Deep Dropping and Kite Fishing
- Windlass Anchor System
- Spray Shields to Protect you from the Elements
- The Absolute Best Garmin Electronics Depth Finding Systems
- Electric Downrigger Systems
- Over 30 Rod Holders
- Yeti Coolers
- Custom Built Bench Seating
- Tournament Quality Live Well Systems
- Garmin Radar
- Satellite Weather and Radio
|Offshore or Reef Fishing|
*No fuel charges
*Passengers: 1-4 passengers are welcome no extra fees. Max 3 adults or 2 adults/2 children (16 and under)
Booking and Cancellation Policy: We require a valid credit card to hold your charter, but we don’t bill your card prior to the charter or withhold a deposit. If you cancel the night before the charter, morning of, or do not show up we will bill you the full amount of the charter.
Good Karma does not penalize clients if we cancel due to the weather or mechanical issues. They are both for safety reasons, things I cannot control and never a fun discussion. I love to fish and work with my clients.
If the weather looks horrible, I will call you in well in advance to discuss your options. I will work to reschedule your charter, if it is not possible then I will cancel the charter with no penalty. I am not responsible to find a replacement charter for you, even though I do refer you to other marinas. I am also not responsible for the cost of your vacation or time off work.
Again, it is never a fun discussion for me as I love fishing and look forward to taking my clients. I do realize most people are aware of this (99.9%) and I appreciate that. Thank you!
Tipping the Captain: A 20% tip is very much appreciated.
What We Provide:
- All Fishing Licenses
- Drinking Water
- Ice for your drinks, food and catch
What You Should Bring:
- Proper Clothing: Jacket, non-marking shoes, hat, sunglasses
- Drinks and Food for the day
Do Not Bring Bananas!!!
No Vaping or Marijuana allowed at all. Even Medical Marijuana is not allowed.
Fishing regulations in Florida are administered by the Florida Fish and Wildlife
Conservation Commission (FWC) and the maritime weather forecasts are developed and disseminated by NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration). Below we will occasionly post local information that may impact your fishing charters in the area.
- Grouper Season Re-Opens on May 1st, 2018
- Hogfish Closure also Re-Opens on May 1st, 2018
- Mutton Snapper: Size limit has increased from 16 to 18 inches in state and federal waters off the Florida Keys
- Amberjack: Re-Opens in Atlantic Federal Waters March 1, 2018
If you want to learn more about Florida Keys fishing regulations, visit the FWC Saltwater Fishing Regulations
Location & Directions